APPLICATION FOR SAN DIEGO SPINE FOUNDATION RESEARCH GRANT
Submit the application form, Biosketches, and other documents in a combined PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SDSF research mission aims to support collaborative research focused on applying basic, translational, and clinical science to improve education, foundational knowledge, and quality of clinical care for individuals with spine conditions.
Grants will vary in amount according to the needs of the proposal, with a maximum research grant award amount of $15,000. Available funds will vary for each cycle depending on yearly resources. Applications with a collaborative, multi-institutional component will be prioritized for funding.
Application Timing and Review Process:
Applications are reviewed by the SDSF Research Committee consisting of Robert Eastlack, MD, Sam Ward PT, PhD, Jeff Pawelek, and Bahar Shahidi PT, PhD, Chair.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
- Committee Review: July 3, 2023
- Notice of Award: July 31, 2023
- Trainees, including medical students, residents, and fellows
- Individuals with PhD’s involved in academic or industry-focused research
- Individuals with clinical degrees treating patients with spine conditions (MD’s, allied health care professionals)
- Support for institutional overhead is not included in the funding
- A cap of $150,000 will be applied to effort for salary support
DOWNLOAD THE 2023 SDSF RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION. CLICK HERE